Next Auditions for Overtones 2013-2014
- Date: Saturday, April 27th, 2013
- Time: 12PM
- Building: Cesar Chavez Basement
- Location: U.C. Berkeley Campus
Why You Should Join:
- Be part of U.C. Berkeley's only all-female a cappella group
- Sing every Friday on campus, so you can invite your friends and family
- Perform in shows with other a cappella groups on campus and across the nation
- Create lasting friendships and make your college experience unforgettable
- Spread Cal spirit by singing for tailgaters before Cal football games
- Expand your vocal talent and challenge yourself beyond your known limits
- Spend quality time with talented individuals whom you will come to love
Ladies, Who Wants to Sing?
If you have a passion for singing, come out and audition! Please prepare a short solo to sing unaccompanied that shows off your voice. You may also want to bring homework as auditions
often last all day!
If you are unable to attend the scheduled auditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if an alternative audition date can be arranged.
Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that an alternate date can be scheduled.
How Auditions Work...
When you arrive, you will fill out an audition form to turn in to the managers.
We will begin with a group warm up, then individuals will come to the front and sing the piece they have prepared one by one.
Usually a verse and a chorus of a song will be enough. After all auditionees have sung their audition songs,
the Overtones will discuss and make cuts. Call-backs will be posted after each section of auditions.
Sections may or may not include sight-singing, range, belting, performance, singing backups, etc.
Being an Overtone is a two semester commitment; you must be able to commit to the
entire academic year. We have three 3-hour rehearsals each week in addition to a 1-hour rehearsal before
our weekly 1 pm Friday performances on Sproul. Rehearsals are on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights.
Auditions Twice a Year
Auditions are held twice a year: at the end of every spring semester and the beginning of
every fall semester. This means that you have two chances to get in the 2013-2014 group: auditions in
spring 2013 and fall 2013.